9/02/2008

Blueberry Mojito

I asked J to pick up some limes so that I could make some blueberry mojitos.  What does he do? He gets me two whole limes!  Little does he know, I really needed a bag of limes in order to make the drinks taste yummy.  Oh well, it's the thought that counts and the mojito wasn't too bad.  One thing that I would do differently, though, is make the simple syrup vs. just using sugar and add some more fresh lime juice.  Also, I need to get a muddler so that I can really crush the mint and berries.

Anyways, I thought I would pass along the recipe that I used:

1 1/2 oz light rum
1/4 oz fresh lime juice
8 mint leaves
8 fresh blueberries (i think i used more like 20)
2 t sugar
club soda

Muddle the mint leaves, 1/2 the blueberries and the sugar in a mixing glass.   Add the rest of the ingredients (except the club soda) and shake with ice.  Pour into a glass and add the remaining berries and club soda. 

Enjoy!  

0 comments:

 
© 2010 Julie Marie Portraits © Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop